Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday Posts - hopefully a continuation



That is the plan anyway - got a good amount of work done this week - plus baby stuff.  Yay!!! It is looking like my next event is going to be LVO.  1850 - most likely 2 sources so that means probably something evil - unless I can get my Orks working right.  The current thought list is trying to use Maulerfiends plus other things in order to help me deal with Knights and what not.

Basic CSM shell - works in any CSM choice.

Cultists X 10
Cultists X 10
Maulerfiend, Lasher Tendrils
Maulerfiend, Lasher Tendrils
Maulerfiend, Lasher Tendrils

Comes out to 505 points.  From there I am thinking the following would work from the Ally side.

Bel'Akor
Pink Horrors x 16
Nurglings X 3

That comes out to 638 points and gives me 6 WC right there.  I might try to add in more Pink Horrors or just need one set depending on what HQ's I run over on the CSM side.

From there I thought maybe a Void Shield Generator with 2 more shields to help keep me safe from alpha strikes.  I think it stuffs Grav weapons as it only goes away for a penetrating hit - but those weapons never roll to penetrate so maybe it means the shield keeps the brown noise away.

Void Shield Generator - 100pts

From there - I don't know what else to do.  I can go the Straight FMC route if I wanted too.

Crimson Slaugher
DP, MoN, Armor, Wings, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar, Gift of Mutation
DP, MoN, Armor, Wings, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar, Gift of Mutation

This means I add in another 10 cultists to round it out - but do they really do any good?  Still I sit at 12 WC - I have some reroll abilities on the DP's so my numbers get smaller for throwing smaller spells and I might be able to make the min 500 pts to make a decent summoning list.  The DP's can hit flyers - not very well but still they can so it might not be a terrible idea.  The other thought was Sorc on Bikes with Chaos Spawn.

CSM Sorcerer, Bike, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar
CSM Sorcerer, Bike, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar
Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN

I have to get rid of the 3rd Cultists squad and now I can add more random things to the Sorcerers.  I generate a lot of warp charge dice and if I get rid of the Void Shield generator I might go to two squads of pink horrors to create a true factor of daemon summoning.  Just more ideas that I like to think over - I think it has to do with painting Maulerfiends for a client.  Heck I could look at adding a Soul Grinder to make it a complete evil daemon robot army.

Heck I also like the idea of running 2 Khorne Lords on Juggers with Chaos Spawn - they are a hell of a lot of fun to go punch things with heh.  Plus I love painting up a new one :).

Ok that is where my brain is list wise - let's talk the painting list.

Me
Bols Article - Written yesterday
Frontline Art - many things I have to do
Finish 10 Pink Horrors for Feast of Blades
Finish 10 Plague Bearers for Feast of Blades
Start working on new article idea - kind of a monthly build something weird and new combo kit walk through type of thing - it is an idea.

Greg
Land Raider Crusader - once the Feast stuff is knocked out I can get to work on client stuff

Travis
More Cryx stuff to do - caster on a horse

Tim
More Marines from Dark Angels - biker guys

Will
10 Flesh hounds of Khorne

Don
Cygnar stuffs

Luis
More stuff most likely

Caleb
Necro Orks - look for the trukk conversions - they look pretty damned neat.

Really I always have work to do hah.  I had to clean up my paint area for the carpet coming in - then I get to recreate it a bit more - moveable with the baby boy coming.  Shit it is 3 weeks away and I am very very excited.  Got to see my niece today at my Brother in Laws and she is getting more personality.  That is when babies get exciting to me as they start to become little monsters.

Alright - let's look at some minis.  I hope to get a game in this Thursday with some kind of build like the Chaos one above.  I want to see if I should get more of my Maulerfiends done up.

You can see where the list came from.


Test SG Thunder Wolf Cav like guy - the plan for the army was each Thunder Wolf like option would look different - so people could figure it out easier.

More Flesh Tearers

These models are a pain to build haha.
Client gave me the idea - look for the other ones coming soon.
Starting working on some Frontline Batrep art for Warmachine/Hordes.



Tweaked stamp for the Athens open - love the Grot.



4 comments:

Teku said...

Why don't you take Be'lakor in de CSM slot? And grab a bunch of tzeentch dudes for warp charges??

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

I could - but then I have to see where I can hide the Heralds. I mean - it sort of depends on how the event looks at casting spells from the same attached unit - ie how Nova and ETC looked as each model is a separate unit inside the one unit.

I could always go with a herald attached to some Horrors - then Heralds in Screamers.

Teku said...

Think you have too look event after event then. Here in Belgium I don't get the problem. Its ruled as the ETC.

One or two heralds in a pink horror squad and then one/two in the screamer squad. Think you can get 18 warpcharges in a list.

Black Legion
Be'lakor (3)
Sorcer with bike, spell, last memory of yuranthos, (4)
2x Cultist
1x Spawn MoN
2x Maulerfiend with Tendrils

Daemons:
2 heralds of tzeentchon foot (6)
1 Herald of tzeentch on disc with grimoire (3)
2x pink horror squad of 10. (2)
9 Screamers of tzeentch

5 units who hit your oppentent in the face. With some luck you can get cursed earth for the maulerfiends.

Of course you can switch to the Crimson Slaughter detachement to get everything to cause fear.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

The other issue is that a Culexus will do numbers on a more wc - less mobile wc army. With DPs - I can just move away - plus with shrouding on there already they can do a lot better etc.

But that lists looks pretty interesting too. Not sure if the Last Memory is worth it - but still - looks neat.