Sunday, January 12, 2014

Today is my Birfday! I am a Wizzard!



Woohoo - Birfday day!  I am 36 years young and ready for those long walks on the beach, talking about aliens, and trying to decide wtf I should take to the LVO.  Argh!!!  It is the suck.  Lists after paint list.

Me
Plastic Dudesmen - Got idea from Larry so I drew it.  It is kind of dumb but I think it looks goofy as hell.
Daemons depending on what I want to do - need to at least finish one Daemonette squad
Who knows what else.  I need to buy and convert a Firestorm Redoubt.  Blargh!

Greg
LR - Old one - done below!

Jens
10 Pink Horrors - need to base and prime
10 more pink horrors - need to get the rest
1 Fire Raptor - getting built
12 Objective Markers - need to prime and paint

Mike N
3 MegaNobz from Kromlech - Done Below!
Ghazghul - Started
Big Mek with Field - Started
1 Dakkajet - in pieces

Don
1 Skull Cannon of Khorne - in pieces
1 Eldar Revenant - in pieces

Luis
5 Assault terminators - in pieces
10 Sternguard - done
1 Term Libbie - done!
10 Tactical guys - not done need to build

Travis
10 Bane Knights - fixed and primed
1 Big Jack - not primed
1 Big Caster - not primed
Lots of little dudes and this is done too!

I think Nids are ok.  Not amazing but can still win.  Just feels very... CSM actually.  They just don't have a Heldrake.  The Mawloc is kind of close but still not the same.  It feels like the old Nidzilla it is just everyone else has caught up to that list and this one has stayed the same.  If that makes sense.  I still wonder if a bunch of MC's might work.

Tyranid Prime, Deathspitter
Venomthropes X 3
Tyranid Warriors X 9, Deathspitters
Termaguants X 30
Termaguants X 30
Harpy, TWL Hvy Venom Cannon
Carnifex X 3, Devourers X 3
Mawloc
Mawloc

Meh...  it is an idea.  Just... trying to figure out if it works.  Or heck just Heavy VC on some Carnifexes?  Blargh... need to work it through.  I don't think I will be playing them.  I am just waiting on Orks right now.

Current LVO builds - from the least amount of building to the most amount of building.

FMC - Tzeentch + Black Legion
HQ: Fateweaver
HQ: Black Legion DP, MoT, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar, Last Memory
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
Troops: Cultist X 10
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
Heavy: DP, MoT, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift, Exalted Gift, Lvl 3
Heavy: DP, MoT, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift, Exalted Gift, Lvl 3

I don't need to paint anything more for this one.  It is simple, will look good and will probably still play fine.  It just feels... like I have been there and done that.  And lots of people play the Tzeentch one too.  Still it would be easy to play and I can show off some crazy conversions.

FMC - Slaanesh
HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Lvl 3, Exalted Gift, Greater Gift
HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Lvl 3, Exalted Gift, Greater Gift
Troops: Daemonettes X 12
Troops: Daemonettes X 12
Heavy: DP, MoS, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3
Heavy: DP, MoS, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3
Heavy: DP, MoS, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3

I would have to make another Keeper and figure out one of the DP's to use.  Plus those Daemonettes too. This is straightforward and simple.  Blargh... it has that simplicity I like plus if I get puppet master I can do some dumb things too haha.  And it doesn't look like other people's lists.

I can do Horde Daemons too.

HQ: LOC, Greater Gift X 2, Lesser Gift, Lvl 3
HQ: LOC, Greater Gift X 2, Lesser Gift, Lvl 3
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Allures, Greater Gift, Icon
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Allures, Greater Gift, Icon
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Icon
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent

This one I need to patin a lot of Daemonettes and 2 Grinders.  Still it would look crazy on the table top eh?  The Greater Gift can mean some anti tank options with the beam or heck just get the whip or the cool sword.

I even have terrible Inq ideas too.

HQ: Coteaz
HQ: Xenos, Rad, Psychotroke, Psyker, Power Armor
Elites: Acolytes X 5, Storm Bolters X 5, LRC, Psybolt, MM
Elites: Acolytes X 5, Storm Bolters X 5, LRC, Psybolt, MM
Elites: 3 Crusaders w/Pwr Axe, 3 Deathcult, 2 Priests, LRR, Psybolt, MM

1248 pts right there.
Firestorm Redoubt is 200 - then maybe Dark Angels to get a Powerfield Libbie on a bike?  Some scouts and call it a day?  Need to make a bike command squad then?

DA Libbie, Bike, Powerfield
Tech Marine, Bike, Powerfield
Scouts X 5, Snipers, Camo Cloaks
Scouts X 5, Snipers, Camo Cloaks

Comes out to 1803 or something like that.  Nutty eh?  Lvl 2 Libbie maybe?  Hahaha the list would look so nutty too hahaha.

Ok enough of that - models and I go to bed.

Models

This gives me 10 doggies now


Old skool LR - the lighting got goofed.  Super old and cool - had to fix up stuff too.

Sternguard too!

Zap!!! Wit my Mind!

Hey - more Sternguard.

Whaa... Green Orks?  Ghaz and a Big Mek Coming.
Finally painted one.  I have one in a box I need to build soon too.
Some art for a client!



2 comments:

Dragons Claw said...

Happy birthday your exactly 2 weeks younger than me I turned 36 new years eve

Unknown said...

happy Birthday Sir Goat!

Also looking forward to seeing the elusive goatboy at the LVO

...also love the flesh tearers!