Saturday, August 17, 2013

Goatboy - Yeah its been a bit - Recovering from ATC



I made it back from ATC safe and sound.  I have just been playing catch up to get things finished for clients.  Lots of stuff coming in - mostly small things so it should be a crazy few weeks before my anniversary vacation.  Cruise to Cozumel for the wife and I so it should be fun.  I get to sale, eat, and not worry about a crazy dog giving me crap for not playing fetch with her.

I tried to get a game in on Thursday with my screamer star build but I got there too late and everyone was gaming.  I plan on trying to get some testing done soon as I am itching to not play monster mash.  I bring it up to the front (Everyone else thought of it too - I just did well with it at first) and now I see it a lot.  I am not sure what I will bring to Feast but I want to see if Screamer Star works well enough.  I worry about it's overall lack to bust Armor 13.  I know the grinders can assault but that isn't a guarantee and the two Vengenance launchers might not shoot the thing I want.  Still it is a thought.

Oh for those wondering - the vengenance lauchers are a bit over 2 inches for the bottom and then the gun adds another 2 inches.  You can hide stuff behind them for sure.  I am thinking it might be a good option as it gives you some chances to pop Armor 13 with ordance and its range.  Plus it will scatter all over the places causing fun times.

So let's get the paint list for the next two weeks.  I got a few big things to do so it will be a bit rough for me.

Me.
Plastic Dudesmen - Done and uploaded! This idea came from the podcast discussion night with Forge the Narrative - I drew another one too but will need to spice it up a bit.
Art for people
Crone World designs - Colored and sketch
Swarmlord drawing - Colored
Frontline Gaming stuff - working on things - one drawn and colored.
Rework website with easier list of prices and how to figure out what you get. Tweaked and updated with new logo - yay!

Will
10 Flesh Hounds of Khorne - Done!
10 Daemonettes - Done!
9 Daemonettes - Primed!
And then there is some big stuff and this lot will be done.

Jens
Riptide - Primed except for the 2 drones - will get done this weekend.
Chaos Warhound - got it built - will prime and get it done/started this weekend.  At least all the guns and head painted up.

Luis
2 Dark Angel Black Knight bikers - need to find the bike parts - then kit base them together from extra Black Knight bits.  NO BEAKY HEADS hah.
Then I pack the rest of this DA stuff up in a box and ship it on.  Then I start LOTR figures.  Woohoo.

I got a small CSM commission coming in - Rhinos, Oblits and one Necron Destroyer lord.  I also have some Wraiths and another Necron bit coming in soon too.

So yeah the week is full of paint stuff.  Always working is my motto hah.  Or always crying hehe.

I am hoping the Black Legion mini book will give me some options to use decent CSM stuff.  Beyond 3 Helldrakes.  Or at least more cool stuff.  It is frustrating when the Marine book has so much more stuff while the poor CSM book just doesn't have all the neat stuff it needs.  Blargh is what I saw... BLARGH!  I just want Blast Master Chaos Terminators.  Is that too hard to ask for?

I keep thinking mixing the Screamer Bomb with Flying DP's might be better then grinders.  It just seems to feel like it would work - but 1850 makes it daunting to fit.  Jerks is what I say!  Jerks.

This could work.

HQ: Fateweaver
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Locus of Conjuration, Disc, Lvl 3
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Disc, Lvl 3
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Disc, Lvl 3
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Disc, Lvl 3
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
FA: Screamers of Tzeentch X 6
Heavy: DP of Tzeentch, Armor, Wings, Lvl 3, Greater Gift, Exalted Gift
Heavy: DP of Tzeentch, Armor, Wings, Lvl 3, Greater Gift, Exalted Gift

I could drop a Herald of something else but I am not sure if it is worth it.  It does give me some flyers woohoo!  Of course I think of changes before I even play the army.  Lord.

Alright some models to look at and some arts.

Cat Marine for Rob!

Wha... new logo - cleaner.
Colors might change - but this is what I did today.
TACTICS!!!






No comments: