Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tuesday Update - Paint List/Army List/Complaint hah.



Here we are on another glorious Tuesday.  Before going into the normal weekly update I want to give out a bit of a complaint.  I have had 2 frustrating experiences with two different model/bits companies.  One I have ordered from before and had no issues and the other I have only bought from a retailer.  It is frustrating in that both instances I haven't got my parts/models.  One was too far gone to get my money back from the Paypal and the other is looking to be the same way because I've gotten items from them before and it wasn't for a ton of money so it isn't the end of the world if I don't get them.  It just means I won't buy from them anymore.  Still it is frustrating.  I am hoping I get an email in a day or two telling me where my stuff went or at least some kind of tracking number.  Really I just hope they show up in a day or two.

The first one was Avatars of War.  I preordered some Plague guys - paid and waited and never got them.  I emailed a few times - got an excuse of having a baby and then never got them.  I asked for some kind of postage number to at least prove they got lost in the mail.  If they were lost - it isn't the end of the world.  It happens and really I just wanted to know.  I tried to get my money back through Paypal but they said I waited too long.  I know there are a lot of crap customers but really I tried to be nice.  I know businesses are a pain in the ass and if it took awhile to get my stuff - no skin off my back as I have a ton of other work to do.  Still I wanted those models as they looked kick ass.

The other company is Troll Forged and I have gotten things in the past.   This has been over a month since I ordered and they told me everything was shipped out.  I waited over a week and still nothing has come in so I sent another email.  I didn't want to drop that hey yo - this is Goatboy from BOLS and I wanted to do some conversion articles using your stuff.  It isn't my place to throw my fat around.  It wasn't a large order as most of the time they do some cool and cheap items that work well for conversions.  I just wanted to make some bad ass Daemon Princes damnit.  I had to go with other stuff due to time constraints with the ATC coming up.  Still no email and I am just left annoyed

But all in all I am pissed how some of these companies just don't respond to email.  I always try to email everyone back.  You can't leave people hanging and I have just decided to stop ordering from them.  I have had excellent experiences with Kromlech and hope to continue to purchase their stuff.  Most of the other Items I have gotten from Spikey Bits and will continue to use them for my third party bit needs.  Blargh - it is just frustrating because I just want to build new toys.

Ok enough of that bitching - paint list.

Me

Plastic Dudesmen - Need to get a script working
Plague Hulk - Need to get built and painted - got ideas damnit!
Herald of Tzeentch on a disc X 3 - Woohoo - parts coming in
Herald of Tzeentch - Done down below!

Chris -
Lots of Cryx stuff - the starts are down below

Ender
Battlewagon - Done!

Luis
2 Black Knights - Need to get all the pieces and then I should be caught up with this DA commission - onto something else for Luis

Will
10 Horrors of Tzeentch - Done!
10 more Horrors of Tzeentch - Chillin - need to be built and primed
1 Bloodthirster - Done!
Start another thing either big guys or more troops.

I have a Riptide coming in - and might have some Eldar stuff to do too. Fun times indeed.

Army lists

Here is the list for ATC - I think I posted it already before but here it is again.

HQ: CSM: DP, MoN, Spell Familiar, Lvl 3, Wings, Armor, Black Mace
HQ: CSM: DP, MoN, Spell Familiar, Lvl 3, Wings, Armor, Burning Brand
HQ: Great Unclean One (MR. FATPANTS!), Lvl 3, Exalted Gift, Greater Gift
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
Heavy: DP, MoN, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2, Lesser Gift Woohoo - this is a rough one

2000 pts on the nose for ATC

Here is the next build I am working on - waiting on bits to rear their ugly head.

HQ: Fatewaver
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Exalted Locus of Conjuration, Lvl 3
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Exalted Gift, Lvl 3
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Exalted Gift, Lvl 3
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Lvl 3
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
FA: Screamers X 8
Heavy: Soul Grinder of Nurgle, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder of Nurgle, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder of Nurgle, Baleful Torrent

1845 - I am wondering if I don't need the Grinders and try to get a flying DP in there.  I think having them deep strike in is pretty good - means maybe I need to find a way to get in an Aegis Defense line and commlinks.  Blargh.   Still you should know the plan - rerollable 2+ inv saves is pretty dirty especially mixed with a unit of ball busters. Think of this magical combo

Herald 1 - Prescience, Forewarning, Warpfire (1st Tzeentch)
Herald 2 - Prescience, No Cover power, Warpfire
Herald 3 - Prescience, Misfortune, Warpfire
Herald 4 - Prescience, Profit, Warpfire

You get one Prescience off, Misfortune/No Cover/Forewarning and you got a really annoying little unit.  It normally shoots - 3d6+3d6+3d6+4d6 = 13d6 reroll to hit and ignore or make you reroll armor saves.  That is pretty brutal when you mix that with a 2+ reroll save and a unit that can hurt just about anything that gets tangled up with it (hooray rolling 6's to wound wraithknights.)

Is it unbeatable - naw you can lock that unit down with annoying bits to keep it there.  Once it isn't shooting it isn't doing a whole lot other then surviving.  Plus if the book misfires (thank you for helping Fateweaver) it can get painful.  Still I only need to make a few models to get it ready - plus it forces me to paint up my grinders. I got one more Plague Hulk in pieces and I plan on converting one using an old defiler and the new Chaos Warriors monster thingie.  Tentacles for the win.

With Orks in the rumors I am excited for my modeling year.  Look for more stuff as usual.

Model pics

Wahh... finishing up this Cryx order for a local.

Here - first Screamer Star monster - this guy is the Locus of Conjuration guy - he is so old he has become a bronze statue.  Green Stuff, Screamer bits, and top statue from Warshrine.


Finished off small ork order.  The Deff rolla is from Puppets War.

Metal!!!! he was metal too. 

First 10 - another 10 coming later on this week. It looks like they are running for a bus or something.

No comments: