Monday, December 3, 2012

Goatboy - Monday



I didn't get a chance to play at the event this weekend.  I wasn't feeling the best and Katie had the day off so it was a better choice to just make it a date day.  I got some things done, bought some stuff, and then got a chance to chill at home and get to feeling better.  The yearly cold is coming so I am trying to make it through.

I have been working some OT to save up some extra cash to buy a new desktop.  My wife uses my laptop most of the time so I need to have one that I can do my Photoshop nonsense on.  I have been working on a few things and messing with some comic ideas.  I will post those in here before long for those interested.  I am also working on amping up the art on Plastic Dudesmen as well. Fun times indeed.  I am almost hitting a 100 strips which means I should look at a book.  Hrm.  I also want to show the art I am working on for the Adepticon team group shot.  Fun times!

I got a ton of painting done this weekend and look at the bottom for a lot of it.  I got some things I need to build this week and some future articles for BOLS.  I started a new article series that plans on reviewing 3rd party stuff.  Some I get to review from the companies but a lot of them are things I buy because they look cool.  Really as long as it is a plastic bit I will at least look at it and give some opinion.

Paint List
Me
Plastic Dudesmen - Got some initial scripts and ideas - doodled one out today
Ork Group 3 - Start with the initial 10 guys as I like to do them in batches of 10
Custom Typhus - Want to do a good one
Start Zombie Group 2 - Need to do the red armored zombies to get me two fat batches of jerks
Forgefiend/Maulerfiend - Build/Magnetize and review for BOLS 

Luis
3 Attack Bikes - Built and Magnetized - Primed
And I am sure I have a ton more to do this week as I find more stuff.  MORE DA AROOO!!!

This week is a pretty small week.  I usually do more as I get towards the end.  I worked OT so I painted a bit as I sat at work for the long hours.  I caught up a bunch and my table is full of DA guys.  I figured out a method on the green that isn't very mind numbing so it isn't too difficult.  Fun times indeed!

Current Thursday army.  I need to play and damnit I am going to play.  This is what is put in the box so far.  I am sure I will get crap for it as I wait to get the Assault CSM army ready to go.

Ork/Crons

HQ: Warboss, Bike, PK, Attack Squig, Cybork Body
HQ: Necron Lord, Warscythe
Elites: Lootas X 10
Troops: Shoota boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Shoota boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Immortals X 10, Night Scythe
Troops: Warriors X 5, Night Scythe
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Fortification: Aegis Line, Quad Gun

The best thing is the entire thing is painted already too haha.  It is close to the meanest list I can think of.  In fact it is right on it beyond getting another 30 boyz in there.  It is the horde mentality plus flyer nonsense that pushes it over the edge.  I might write about it again at some point and see what people think of it and give me "ideas" to beat it.

I think I might be playing the horde part of the ATC team if I get a chance to go again next year.  I think it will be a good anti necron flyer army as you cover the board and make a lot of bad choices for your opponent.  In fact I think as the game moves forward you will see people getting board with their 50 dollar buttered rolls and move towards the balanced - Armor 13 mass of Necrons.  Current Horde on Paper.

HQ: Weirdboy, Warphead
Elites: Lootas X 10
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Fortification: Aegis Defense Line, Quadgun

I could drop the Weird boy for a Big Mek - but it is something to think about.  This list would give most armies problems - except for assault heavy stuff that could kill lots of orks.  Either way it is a thought and an Idea depending on what I can play at the ATC.  If I can get Chaos as a friend it might not be too bad to look at a Sorcerer and some melta options.  And a Dragon - dragons are cool.

Current CSM assault list - It won't take much for me to make it and I think I will have too.  Tweaks off the original one I posted on BOLS today.

HQ: Chaos Lord, MoN, Bike, Black Mace, Blight Grenades, Veteran of the Long War, Sigil of Corruption, Blight Grenades, Meltabomb
HQ: Chaos Lord, MoK, Juggernaut of Khorne, Blinding Axe of Furty, Veteran of the Long War, Sigil of Corruption, Meltabomb
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Chariot, Boon of Mutation
Troops: CSM X 10, Veterans of the Long War, Autocannon, Plasmagun
Troops: CSM X 10, Veterans of the Long War, Autocannon, Plasmagun
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Plague Bearers X 5
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5
FA: Screamers X 9
Heavy: Maulerfiend
Heavy: Maulerfiend
Heavy: Soul grinder, Phlem
Fortifciation: Aegis Defense Line, Quad Gun

I come at you - stuff happens and things might go bad.  But most likely I am going to get hurt. Either way it is a goofball list hehe.  And it has lots of robots too.  I will have to test it at some point.

Ok enough list shit - let's do some models and call it a night.








No comments: