Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday - Woohoo!



Thanksgiving week too!  Wife is out of town for a bit - so that means I will probably be painting up a storm for 2 days.  Woohoo!  Plus watching some scary movies as the wife doesn't do well with scary movies.  She isn't scared - it is just that it gives her odd dreams.  So with that in mind - let's see what will I watch as I sling paint around.

Most likely I will watch VHS at least.  I will probably rewatch Cabin in the Woods as well.  Will see.  But with that in mind let's look at what I want to paint and do.

Paint List!

Me
Plastic Dudesmen - Got the idea - got to shell the design and then let Wyatt fix up the dialogues
Plastic Dudesmen - Got another idea too will see if I get it drawn
Chaos Design for an Overseas tournament - fun times indeed
Some Logo designs as well
2 Night Scythes - Got them in on Friday - plan on trying to get them done so I can have my army fully ready to go after Thanksgiving for initial testing and Battle Reports
5 Necron Warriors - Got 4 built - will get the other one and start from there
20 Zombies - Currently have 15 of the 35 done - the 20 will finish them off
1 Single Cryx guy for Chris

Luis P
Scouts - Got a bunch done this week - more to come this week
Special Characters from the DA - going to build them and get more done!
Probably some Vets as well.

I finished off the Dragon this weekend - I have done 4 so far.  I might also build out my second Forge Fiend/Mauler Fiend if I find all the magnets.  I got Thanksgiving at my mom's house and we are having turkey and some crepes for desert.  I know different but I love me crepes.  Thin pancakes are jawesome.

Look for the initial Heavy Flamer designs for our Adepticon team.  I want to get them done and do some shirt printing nonsense as well.  Will see what I end up doing as this week should be slow but I will be working a lot.  We are going to be down people as some other colleagues got promotions and a firing.  Means my small group is going to be in a world of hurt for a bit.

I am also going to buy a new computer soon so my wife can take my laptop.  She keeps using it and I don't need a portable device as much anymore (phone and Ipad does most of the things I want when I am not at home).  I am thinking a Mac Mini and adding more ram.  It should do all I need it to do and if I get bored I can upgrade to a SSD and watch the fire come off that fucker.

Currently I am just looking at how to get that list I posted on BOLS today to work right.  I might dump the Scarabs for something else - so will see.  Right now this will be painted up - then I start looking at ways to make it more interesting (ie swap shit).

HQ: Typhus
HQ: Chaoslord, Bike, Sigil of Corruption, MoN, Black Mace, Veteran of the Long War
HQ: Necron Lord
Troops: Zombies X 10
Troops: Zombies X 10
Troops: Zombies X 35
Troops: Necron Warriors X 5, Night Scythe
Troops: Necron Warriors X 5, Night Scythe
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
Heavy: Obliterators X 3, MoN
Heavy: Doom Scythe

Right now - this is what will be painted first and I want to look at going into Bikes instead of Spawn.  Will see if it works.  Plus I could do a Sorcerer on a bike to utilize Telepathy.  Fun stuff indeed.  This should be painted by next week when I can play it in a Battle Report - or so I hope.

Some models too look at from the marathon painting this weekend.







3 comments:

nextjenn said...

I'm definitely feeling a Die Antwoord theme to your articles this evening...

Terminus Est said...

Dragon looking awesome dude !!

Cruiser114 said...

I am interested in seeing what you decide to use for the black mace. I have been looking I just can't find the right "thing" to make the mace.