Friday, November 30, 2012

Goatboy - Will I Wake up in Time to Play a Sunday Event?



Yup - the title says it all.  I have had a slow week so far with some small bits of model painting done.  I finished up most of the paint list and with some OT worked I am just a bit burned this week model wise.  Will see if I get some more done on Saturday as I come in to cover some vacation/promotion/no long at work stuff etc.  Fun times indeed.

But we have a tournament this Sunday and I am trying to think of what to play.  Here are the lists I am thinking of playing.  A few things need to get made to get this active so will see.  All are combos with CSM because I got a new book and I need to throw down with evil jerk faces. It is a 2000 point/double force org nonsense event.

List 1
CSM/Demons - Fixed Feast of Blades list basically.

HQ: Typhus
HQ: Sorcerer Lord, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar, Meltabomb
HQ: Masque
Elites: Flamers X 9
Troops: Zombies X 35
Troops: Zombies X 35
Troops: Plague Bearers X 5
Troops: Plague Bearers X 5
FA: Screamers X 9
FA: Heldrake, Bale Flamer
FA: Heldrake, Bale Flamer
FA: Chaos Spawn X 3
Heavy: Obliterators X 3, MoN

Pts 2000

A mixture of painted stuff.  I have to get the Masque built and created.  That is about it and I can play this as is.  I want to use the Spawn as I will end with a "want to build" list that I think I might slowly build up.  Woohoo!

List 2
CSM/Necrons

HQ: Typhus
HQ: Sorcerer Lord, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar
HQ: Necron, Warscythe, Res Orb
HQ: Cryptek, Destruction
Troops: Zombies X 35
Troops: Zombies X 35
Troops: Immortals X 10, Tesla, Night Scythe
Troops: Warriors X 5, Night Scythe
FA: Heldrake, Bale Flamer
FA: Heldrake, Bale Flamer
Heavy: Obliterators X 3, MoN
Heavy: Doom Scythe

Pts 1998

This has 5 flyers, some annoying fat backs and some shooting.  It should be annoying as it casts spells and other bits of nonsense.I don't need to paint anything for this list.

List 3
CSM/Orks

HQ: Typhus
HQ: Sorcerer Lord, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar
HQ: Weirdboy, Warphead
Elites: Lootas X 10
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Zombies X 35
Troops: Zombies X 35
FA: Heldrake, Bale Flamer
FA: Heldrake, Bale Flamer
Heavy: Obliterators X 3, MoN
Heavy: Big Guns, Runtherd
Fortification: Aegis

1998 - Aegis is there to ensure I get a 4+ cover save on the Guns and a 2+ when Lootas go to ground.  I could try to add in a Quad gun and a Dakkajet instead of the Oblits but this one is done as well.

So yeah - these are the lists I am thinking about if I wake up on Sunday to game.  Which one do you think is the best?  Which one is the most interesting?  Which one might actually be fun?

Now here is something just insane.  Could it work?  Maybe?  Would it be fun - sure. 

HQ: Chaos Lord, MoN, Bike, Sigil of Corruption, Black Mace, Veteran of the Long War, Blight Grenades
HQ: Chaos Lord, MoK, Juggernaut, Sigil of Corruption, Axe of Blind Fury, Veteran of the Long War, Meltabombs
Troops: CSM X 10, Plasmagun, Autocannon, Veterans of the Long War
Troops: CSM X 10, Plasmagun, Autocannon, Veterans of the Long War
Troops: CSM X 10, Plasmagun, Autocannon, Veterans of the Long War
Troops: Plague Marines X 10, Meltagun X 2, Rhino, Combi-Melta, Dirge Caster, Dozer Blade
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5
Heavy: Mauler Fiend
Heavy: Mauler Fiend
Heavy: Mauler Fiend
Fortification: Aegis Defense Line, Quad gun

2000 points and the plan is to assault turn 2.   Would it work?  Who knows.  Necron Flyers would suck - but those assholes will never get out of their rides haha.  And it would mean I would need to buy another Maulerfiend.  jerks!

ok that is it for now - look for a Sunday painting post and some art stuff I hope.  Fun times all around!

1 comment:

Terminus Est said...

Kick some ass tomorrow bro !!!