Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday! - WAR!



It is Monday and it is another week of models and other nonsense. So with that in mind - initial paint list.

Me
New Converted Rune Priest - The Goat of Flies - Built/Primed
Maybe more Goats - Want to play a fat army list below - not built
Plastic Dudesmen - Need script!

Jens
8 More Warriors - Primed
8 More Warriors - Not primed
1 Raider - Not primed

Mike N
10 Ork Shoota Boyz - Done!
10 Ork Shoota Boyz - Need to build

Luis P
More Mordhiem - Dwarves and other nonsense - Not built

Scott M
Start building on flyer - complete pieces search

Oh yeah - that list I want to play this Thursday.

HQ: Rune Priest, Chooser, Meltabombs, Murderous Hurricane, Living Lightning
HQ: Rune Priest, Chooser, Living Lightning, JaWs
Elites: WG X 7, Terminator Armor X 1, CML X 1, Combi-Melta X 4, Combi-Plasma X 2, Powerfist X 6
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Wolf Standard, Meltagun, Rhino, Dozer Blade
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Wolf Standard, Meltagun, Rhino, Dozer Blade
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Wolf Standard, Meltagun, Rhino, Dozer Blade
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Wolf Standard, Meltagun, Rhino, Dozer Blade
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Wolf Standard, Plasmagun, Rhino, Dozer Blade
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Wolf Standard, Plasmagun, Rhino, Dozer Blade
Heavy: Long Fangs X 6, ML X 5
Heavy: Long Fangs X 6, Heavy Bolter X 3, ML X 2

2000 points I think. It is a crap ton of jerks on the table top. Which is all I really care about as Horde Marines sound neat. I originally was testing the thought list with Blood Angels, but I just don't think it has the same power as the Wolves in this type of - massed body format. I can sacrifice a lot to force bad opponent decisions. Will see if it works in 6th too hehe. Just means I get to paint more orks hahaha.

Last Thursday I play a Fabius Bile list with a Contemptor. I didn't roll to bad and Chaos Rhinos with Combi-Meltas are pretty spicy. Plus Mark of Khorne, Bile marines are mean jerks. Here is what I played.

HQ: Fabius Bile
HQ: Kharn - (Converted fat dude who is this axe machine)
Elites: Possessed X 5, Mark of Tzeentch, Rhino, Combi-Melta, Dozerblade
Troops: CSM X 10, Meltagun X 2, Mark of Khorne, Asp Champ, Powerfist, Rhino, Combi-Melta, Dozerblade
Troops: CSM X 10, Meltagun X 2, Mark of Nurgle, Asp Champ, Powerfist, Rhino, Combi-Melta, Dozerblade
Troops: CSM X 10, Flamer X 2, Mark of Slaanesh, Asp Champ, Power Weapon, Rhino, Combi-Melta, Dozerblade
Troops: Plague Marines x 5, Plasmagun X 2, Asp Champ, Powerfist, Combi-Plasma, Rhino, Combi-Plasma, Dozerblade
Heavy: Contemptor Dread, Butcher Cannon, Extra Armor, Mark of Nurgle

I played versus an unorthodox Space Wolf list. My Contemptor killed a Land Speeder and got punked by some melta in the belly. I did kill some Dreads with Kharn and then Bjorn and Kharn had an epic fight (I took off his claw/butt hurt/fist). We drew the game as I couldn't roll more then a 1 for the run with the Mark of Slaanesh guys who couldn't put down 5 Swift Claw bikerz fast enough. I hit on 3's and wound of 4's and those jerks stayed around for a long time. If I had gotten rid of them by the time my turn came around I would have won by getting over there. Oh well jerks! Still it was versus Brandon who is probably the best painter locally. His stuff is nuts and it is awesome to play with some insanely painted models. And no matter what it tickles me to kill Bjorn hehe (I don't think have done it yet though). Click to see it.

Alright that is it for now - some small batch of minis to look at. That is about it - time to go to bed. Waking up early to walk and get some exercise. Need to get myself doing better.


2 comments:

Darkwynn said...

Call me tomorrow but this is my thought.

Drop one rune priest, also choosen.
Drop both long fang squads
Wg with term and cyclones
One grey hunter squad and Wg with meta

Buy a wolf lord with saga of the bear, PF, SS
5 thunder wolf Calvert one with a PF
2 vindicators
Take murderous hurricane and storm caller.

We can talk tomorrow

Unknown said...

Also, call me... I don't have anything to say (as per usual) I Just wanted to sound important like Darkwynn. ;)