Monday, July 4, 2011

I didn't work Sunday


So today is my Sunday - as I am at work. I had a wedding to go to yesterday. Man this week is going to be nutty - got Wargames Con, HOA finishing, and well trying to not go to nutty too. So yeah - hopefully I can get a Wednesday - Goatboy game thought post again. I had some ideas this week and I am trying to let them gestate so I can maybe come up with some new thoughts too. But enough of that - what I plan on painting (or painted today) this week.

Me
GKSS # 3 - Done today - tweaked some of my scheme and I like it a lot.
Plastic Dudesmen - Need to do one to stay ahead.

Michael B
Captain on a Bike - Done
Rhino/Predator/Razorback - Did that today too - Commission done! I gained a level and my hand hurts.

Jens K
8 Berzerkers - Done!
3 Oblits - Done!
1 Old School Dreadnought - Done!

HOA
10 Nob Bikerz - Depending if they get here in time to throw some time in before Wargames Con

Luis P
Cleaned the FW Death Korps - need to build a squad out to paint

So really I have done most of the stuff I needed to do this week. Good for me as the rest of it will be bust. After the HOA I got more ork stuff to do so look for tons and tons more bikerz. I think I will be going crazy with the bike nonsense. And then there is a White Scars army too. At least I found a way I like to do white. Woohoo!

In cool news I get to play Ard Boyz. I think anyway. I have the day off so I should be going down. I plan on bringing Grey Knights. Some nutty thing as usual. I was thinking of the lists I would play if I was throwing down at Wargames Con. Here is what I would most likely bring.

Crowe
Techmarine, Rad Grenades, Psychotroke Grenades, Blind Grenades, Servo Skull X 2
Techmarine, Rad Grenades, Psychotroke Grenades, Blind Grenades, Servo Skull X 2
Purifiers X 7, Psycannon X 2, Daemon Hammer X 1, Halberds X 4, Rhino
Purifiers X 7, Psycannon X 2, Daemon Hammer X 1, Halberds X 4, Rhino
Purifiers X 7, Incinerator X 2, Daemon Hammer X 1, Halberds X 4, Psybolt, Rhino
GKSS X 5, Daemon Hammer X 1, Psycannon X 1, Razorback, Psybolt
GKSS X 5, Daemon Hammer X 1, Psycannon X 1, Razorback, Psybolt
GKSS X 5, Daemon Hammer X 1, Psycannon X 1, Razorback, Psybolt
Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2, Psybolt
Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2, Psybolt
Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2, Psybolt

6 Troop choices, massed amount of guys on the table top and lots of different ranged firepower. I like to have as many boots on the table top if I can. I know the amount of Kill Points is a bit high (18) - I still think it is doable. Plus you can always do something in any mission most of the time.

For Ard Boyz I can look at either adding in Paladins if I felt I need some more fat bodies. There is always a thought of a 5 man squad with 2 Psycannons plus a GM with a Psycannon too. Do a little dropping on some of the other units and now I get a deep striking batch of annoyance. It is a thought and it feels just massive enough to be right. I could also look at an Inquisitor but with just one unit of guys I am not sure what would be worth it. Though having a small Jokareo/Servitor Multi-Melta bomb might be neat to have too.

What are you guys expecting to see at Wargames Con? I have this feeling that Blood Angels might do well this time around. We got a bunch of decent players bringing them. I don't know about Grey Knights. Lots of what I call fat builds are showing up. I just don't think they have what it takes to survive 7 games and the dice rolled in those games. Hell it would be interesting to see a Seer Council build too haha.

Some models - and some art. Woohoo!








Woohoo till Wednesday.

No comments: