Sunday, April 10, 2011

Goatboy - This week is going to be a big one

I had just gotten back from Adepticon and I have started on my missions to complete 3 armies in a few weeks. I am almost there with one army, got all the pieces for another army, and waiting on more pieces for the final army. Woohoo - plus I did a ton of art last week. Most cost for a drawing for your blog title etc is $25.00 - more complicated stuff goes up a bit more but most of the time it is a flat $25.00 bucks. Time frame is usually a few days depending on what I have to draw for the week. But first art.





Woohoo had a productive Saturday to get all of that done. I also did a Grey Knights Dreadnought and the final Ostrich Dread from the Iron Warriors build. I am currently waiting on the heads from Pig Iron Productions. I order two sets so I got enough heads to do any other weird things I feel like for the army. I am one troop and something else to finish the list out. Not sure what I can add as all the Elites and Heavies are taken up and I only got 115 points and I don't want to go to nutty and try to find a mini. I do have a Baal sitting in a box so that might get Iron Warriored/Chaos up.

Here is the stuff I finished for the Iron Warriors this week.






Current Shell Iron Warriors list

HQ: Sanguinor
Elites: Furioso Librarian Dreadnought, Wings, Shield
Elites: Furioso Dreadnought, Blood Talons, Extra Armor
Elites: Furioso Dreadnought, Extra Armor
Troops: Assault Squad X 10, Meltagun X 2, Power Fist, Storm Shield
Troops: Assault Squad x 10, Meltagun X 2, Power Fist, Storm Shield, Rhino
Troops: Assault Squad x 10, Meltagun X 2, Power Fist, Storm Shield, Rhino
Heavy: Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2
Heavy: Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2
Heavy: Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2

It sits at 115 pts left if I remember correctly. I could drop the Meltaguns from the last squad and go with Flamers and get a jump Librarian to try and Blood Lance/Fear the Darkness things. I think that might be the best actually. Thoughts?

Finally my paint list for the week. I have already started obviously

Me
Grey Knight Terminators X 5 - Completed Today
Grey Knight Terminators X 5 - Waiting on Order
Grey Knight Dreadnought TWL Autocannons - In pieces
Dreadknight Start build for Spikey Bits Blog - yes I did get it from Rob :)
Finish Plastic Dudesmen Comic
Work on Wyatt Written Dudesmen Comic

John B
Blood Ravens Death Company X 10 - In Pieces
Blood Ravens Reclusiarch - In Pieces
Blood Ravens Rhino - In Pieces

Michael S
ORK BOMBA - I brought it with me today to mess with - 75% built

Luis P
Necromunda X 10 - Primed!
Necromunda X 10 - In Pieces

Heroes of Armageddon
Get the Pieces together to ship and have built and start process of planning

The Blood Ravens is going to be a project I need to finish by the end of the month/first week of May. The client is going to be on leave and he wants to throw down with it so my plan is to bust out 3 units a week :). It isn't a huge army (1500 pts) so I am pretty sure I can do it. I planned it out. Plus I will be finishing the Iron Warriors as well as try to finish the Grey Knights by Alamo 40k GT. I think I can do it as I found a scheme that isn't mind killing or hand destroying. Woohoo!!

Upcoming stuff after that is more Grey Knights for another client, a bigger Grey Knights order, Speed Freaks for Charity and Speed Freaks for a client. Woohoo this year is starting out sweet. As usual if you want a bag drawn on find me at a tournament and I can throw some ink on it. Fee is usually $25.00 or trade. Whatever I am easy :).

Finally current Build for Grey Knights List

Crowe - 150pts
Troops: Purifiers X 10, Halberds x 5, Daemon Hammer, Psycannon x 4, Rhino - 335pts
Troops: Purifiers X 10, Halberds x 5, Daemon Hammer, Incinerator x 4, Rhino - 295pts
Troops: GKSS X 10, Psycannon X 2, Daemon Hammer, Psybolt, Rhino - 290pts
Troops: GKT X 10, Halberds X 7, Daemon Hammer X 2, Psycannon X 2, Bro Banner - 475pts
Heavy: Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2 - 135pts
Heavy: Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2 - 135pts

This shell fits at 1815 pts right now. Options I can add -

GKM - I can do scout tricks or maybe just Counter assault on the big fat Termie Squad. It is still scary to come near that squad at all and it scores all the way up the field. Pts for the basic guy is 175pts

GKLibbie - Here I can add a utility guy. Shrouding, Sanctuary, Might of Titan, Warp Rift - 170 pts is the total for that guy. I get some protection and other annoying bits that will make people upset to attack me - Str 5, In 6 force weapons that automatically turn is pretty spicey.

Thoughts? ARROOOOOOO!!! Time to finish this off. Woot. Until Wednesday.

9 comments:

Chris Vinton said...

Adepticon showed hordes are growing in popularity. I'd want to run some flamers, but nothing is worse than needing meltaguns and leaving them on the thunderhawk...

I think BA can deal with hordes without flamers though. The only thing I see flamers really have a good ol' time with are IG. Orks are fearless and usually in such huge squads adding a few more dead boyz to the pile won't matter and with nids, their hordes are so close to momma that you're not really looking to drop right on them.

I'm still not sold on lance and I play parking lot guard.

Just my experience in my little meta of Lansing.

An Enemy said...

That grey marine is quality stuff man.

Real G said...

Where are those Heresy Jump Packs from?

ephrael said...

I really like those heads that look like modified "beakie" helmets. Are they a conversion or did you do them yourself? By the way that Space Shark marine still looks so awesome I must build him.

ephrael said...

Those modified "beakie" looking helmets look fantastic. Did you make them yourself or are they aftermarket? I'd like to try a few on my sharks and see how they look.

islyfe said...

I really want to see how you made those ostrich dreads, they are pretty cool.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Pig Iron Productions made the heads and I added em :).

The ostriches are made from sentinal legs, then defiler bits on top and wire and other things I can find. Jewelry chain too.

Legion3000 said...

I was wondering how you got Chaos Rifleman dreads and then I realized, oh its a blood angels army. FACEPALM

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Of course - Look the CSM is boring - done. So everyone shut up hahah.