Friday, July 23, 2010

We have BOLSCon/WarGames Con next week


And I will be judging the big event and just playing in the Teams event on Friday. I will be teamed up with Jawaballs and it should be a fun Space Goats/Blood Angels party down time. I didn't want to go with a crazy set up and told Jawaballs to handle the long range stuff. So here is the list I decided to play. I call it - I LIKE GREY HUNTERS!!!

HQ: Rune Priest, JaWs, Living Lightning
Troops: Grey Hunters X 9, Power Weapon, Mark of The Wolfen, Flamer, Rhino
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Power Weapon, Mark of the Wolfen, Meltagun X 2, Rhino
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Power Weapon, Mark of the Wolfen, Plasma Gun X 2, Plasma Pistol, Drop Pod
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Power Weapon, Mark of the Wolfen, Meltagun X 2, Drop Pod

That is at 1000 pts. I think it will work nicely as I can easily bolter the crap out of a lot of armies, have enough melta to deal with LR idiocy and I have some nice counter attacks etc to bring along for the ride. And mix this with some decent anti infantry fire power too and I think things are ok. It isn't the best, but I think it will be fun. I just finished the second Drop Pod today so I am r ready.

Jawa is looking at playing Sanguinor and some other stuff. So his +1 Attack to all friendly models will be super fun :). Counter attack my FIST!!!

I also finished my 5th full Grey Hunter squad too. Fun times as now I have 50 guys total. Check out the Full of Monkey site with pics of it. Beyond that I finished some Empire stuff and some Skinks. Next week I will get some nids done as well as look at starting the White Scars army. WOOHOO!!!

This weekend it is finish some terrain building and playtest with Darkwynn some ETC match ups to see how it goes. I get to play lots of games versus IG. Joy hah. I want to build 2 Typhoon speeders for my goats and probably look at finishing off a few models to get another full Grey Hunter squad done. I am just wanting more and more troops lately. It helps my army has decent troops, but I think most can use some. I also need to redo my WoC for Fantasy and see where I need to go there too. Hooray hah.

What is everyone else working on?

5 comments:

Real G said...

That is a lot of Grey Hunters at 1000 points!

Love the Attack Bunny, BTW.

I've now got my entire army assembled; just need to paint my Lord on Wolf and his 10 pups and a few Drop Pods.

Oh, and terrain! (You coming today?)

Brent said...

I'm finishing my last squad for my team tournament army.

Come check it out later this week... I mean, before me and Fritz do a Wonder Twins activate all of you and Jawa!

Terminus Est said...

Looking forward to seeing ya Nick Jwolf & company this coming week. There will be a good number of Wrecking Crew players coming out for hte con. What does Jawaballs' list for the TT look like? Me & Brian are going to run with my Blood Angels. Hopefully Brandon will have some pix up really soon. Can't believe it's finally time for hte con .

G

Real G said...

How's this for 2000 points of Grey Hunters?

Njal
10 GH, 2 meltaguns, PF, MoW, Drop Pod
10 GH, 2 meltaguns, PF, MoW, Drop Pod
10 GH, 2 plasmaguns, plas pistol, PW, Rhino
10 GH, 2 plasmaguns, plas pistol, PW, Rhino
10 GH, 2 Flamers, PF, plas pistol, Rhino
10 GH, 2 Flamers, PF, plas pistol, Rhino
6 WG, 2 Term w/TH/SS, 2 Combi-melta, 2 PW, Drop Pod
Lone Wolf, TH/SS Term

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Prob pretty mean. Njal can be a pain for some people. Is he riding in the drop pod?