Friday, January 8, 2010

Goatboy is here - took a break



I painted a bunch of crap - finished off somethings and I am close to finishing this new extra marine bike army. I don't know how good it will end up being, did a small test run versus a weaker IG list and won the kill point mission in the end. Things performed alright, and melta guns as usual missed hehe. And now I won't take Vulkan, I want bikes damnit!

So quickly for everyone here is the "final" bike list that I will hopefully have finished by next week to the week after. Also next week wednesday is my birthday. 32 years old, married twice, no kids and finally out of "debt" etc haha. Good times. Will see what the next few years have for me (hopefully still married, probably no kids yet and still out of debt with like 3 more painted armies haha). The paint business is doing well and I hope to have more clients this coming year. As well as upgrading my camera (it needs it) and moving into some other games. I will be at Adepticon this year, so if you are going give me a shout or just yell at me for some random stuff. So enough here are the lists.

Marine Bike - Final one I think for now - might make it a dreadnought list too :)

HQ: Khan, Moon bike
Command Squad 5, bikes, powerfist 2, meltagun 2, storm shield
HQ: Captain, bike, digital weapons, relic blade, stormshield, artificer armor
Command Squad 5, bikes, powerfist 2, meltagun 2, storm shield
Troops: Bikes 5, Plasma Gun 2, Powerfist, Attack Bike, Multi-melta
Troops: Bikes 5, Flamer 2, Powerfist, Attack Bike, Multi-melta
Troops: Bikes 5, Flamer, Meltagun, Powerfist, Attack Bike, Multi-melta
FA: Land Speeder, Typhoon Missile Launcher
FA: Land Speeder, Typhoon Missile Launcher
FA: 2 Land Speeder, 2 Multi-Melta

The goofy plan of this army is to outflank and just zoom around and hope my 3+ cover save lets me get into some trouble and mess some guys up. Will see. I went with 2 Plasma guns because 1) it is fun 2) it is different 3) might help versus trygons and other nonsense that might pop up and annoy me. So will see if this is the right build and right set up etc. Either way it will be fun.

The next iteration of this army will change into the army of robots and let me create a new rock to the rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock metagame of the area. Here is a run down.

HQ: Khan, Moon bike
Command Squad 5, bikes, powerfist 2, meltagun 2, storm shield 2
HQ: Master of the Forge, Bike, Conversion Beamer, Thunder Hammer
Troops: Bikes 5, Plasma Gun 2, Powerfist, Attack Bike, Multi-melta
Troops: Bikes 5, Flamer 2, Powerfist, Attack Bike, Multi-melta
Troops: Bikes 5, Flamer, Meltagun, Powerfist, Attack Bike, Multi-melta
Elites: Dreadnought, Multi-melta
Elites: Dreadnought, Multi-melta
Elites: Dreadnought, Multi-melta
Heavy: Dreadnought, 2x Autocannons
Heavy: Dreadnought, 2x Autocannons

This list gives me 40 points or so left to mess around. I am not sure what to do with it, so will see. Might change the weapon load out on the guys, or maybe drop some points and try to fit in speeders. Who knows. It is all just different thoughts as I really like to play with dreadnoughts and to finish this army, I would need to convert one character, and paint a bunch of "gasp" dreadnoughts. And do some goofy conversions. I will be sure to magnetize the arms as I am not entirely sure how the "rifle" dreads will work. They look "alright" on paper so I will test it out. This is based off the list we have seen posted on Stelek's site and is worth something to look at and mess around with.

We have some tournaments coming up and I am not fully done with what I want to play for Adepticon etc. Currently for my "heavy" army I plan on playing Space Wolves. I really want to take Njal for a spin. It is pretty hard though as the FAQ makes for some pain in the butt if going second. I might just drop him, run two rune priests and call it a day. As well as two Wolf Lords hehe. If I could only put a Rune Priest on a Thunder Wolf. Damn you GW!!! (Not that I think they should, that would be too much)

So current Space Wolf builds - tell me what you think.

HQ: Wolf Lord, Thunder Wolf, Saga of the Warrior Borne, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, 2 Fenris Wolves
HQ: Canis, 2 Fenris Wolves
HQ: Rune Priest (JoTWW, Living Lightning)
Elites: Wolf Guard 3, Powerfist 2, MoW
Elites: Iron Priest, Thunder Wolf, Wolf Tooth Necklace, 4 Cyber Wolves
Elites: Iron Priest, Thunder Wolf, Wolf Tooth Necklace, 4 Cyber Wolves
Troops: Grey Hunters (5), Meltagun, MoW, Razorback
Troops: Grey Hunters (5), Meltagun, MoW, Razorback
Troops: Grey Hunters (8), Meltagun, MoW, Rhino
FA: Thunder Wolf Cavalry (3), Powerfist, Storm shield
FA: Thunder Wolf Cavalry (3), Powerfist, Storm shield
Heavy: Long Fangs (6), ML 5

Or do I drop the Long Fangs, go with a ton of dogs and just run at you as fast as I can? Thoughts?

And my painting list for the week.

Me -
Finish Bike squad # 2
Finish Bike squad # 3
Design new website mascot
Design new website
Finish some art pages for upcoming comic book show
Clients -
Finish Ultramarines Drop Pod
Get crap from Nick to finish up
Do some stuff for Big Red from BOLS
Might do Snikrot and some kommandos

Might be some nid stuff thrown in there too as well as starting my plan for my submission for the local paint a unit contest. I am thinking a nob squad for Orks as I am really liking the new style I have been doing for a client. So will see. Lots of conversion work is the plan as well as a nice paint job :).

Fun fun fun.







No comments: