Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sorry for the late post




I did do work last week - I just didn't feel like posting stuff up. I have been in a bit of a funk lately, most likely from dealing with Holiday stuff and not liking it overall (past experiences etc). I do like Thanksgiving and food, but the one afterwards is not my cup of tea all the time. But I did do some work within the Warmachine realm, some IG stuff, as well as Space Goats thingies here and there. Fun stuff - and I am almost near filling out my Space goats to a point where I can stop building stuff for awhile (probably not as I like the scheme and overall feel of the army).

But first things, I wanted to throw some lists of what I plan on playing around with during the different tournaments coming up in the next year. First of all my current go to Space Goats list for heavy style tournaments.

HQ: Rune Priest # 1 - Mr. Ass Pants - Living Lighting, JoTWW
HQ: Rune Priest # 2 - Mr. Super Duper Jerk - Living Lightning, Tempest's Wrath
HQ: Wolflord, Thunder Wolf Mount, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Saga of the Bear, Runic Armor
HQ: Canis
Elites: Wolfguard (3), Powerfist (2), MoW
Troops: Grey Hunters (8), Meltagun, MoW, Rhino
Troops: Grey Hunters (8), Meltagun, MoW, Rhino
Troops: Grey Hunters (10), Meltagun 2, MoW
Troops: Fenris Wolves (10)
Heavy: Long Fangs, 2 Heavy Bolters, 3 Missile Launchers
Heavy: LRC, MM
FA: Thunder Wolf Cav (5), Powerfist

Total is right under 2000 pts. I need to paint the Wolf Guard and Long fangs to finish this out. The other thought would be to drop the LRC, add in another full Grey Hunters squad, give both of them rhinos and one Wolf Guard guy with a fist or something else and run that. I think I could fit in another dog squad, but that would be another thought. Any opinions on this?

New CSM list I plan on bringing for hobby tournaments. A fluffy list designed to have fun on both sides of the table. Or so I hope.

HQ: Fabius Bile
HQ: Kharn
Elites: Possessed (5), MoT, Asp Champ, Rhino
Troops: Khorne Bezerkers (8), Asp Champ, Power fist, Rhino
Troops: Plague Marines (7), Plasma Gun (2), Asp Champ, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol, Rhino
Troops: CSM, Bile Upgrade, MoK, Meltagun (2), Asp Champ, Power Fist, Combi-Melta, Rhino
Troops: CSM, Bile Upgrade, MoK, Meltagun (2), Asp Champ, Power Fist, Combi-Melta, Rhino
Heavy: Defiler, Xtra Combat
Heavy: Defiler, Xtra Combat

Kharn rides with the Possessed and Bile rides with the Plague Marines. The plague Marines are designed to stay home on an objective, everything else is built to move forward and put the hurt down on guys. I add MoK on the CSM as it is a bit more fun, but MoN is pretty strong on Bile Marines. It makes them jerkface psuedo Plague Marines and a bit unfun. Thoughts on this? It is a tweak of my old Bile lists I used earlier. Less push of nonsense Oblits and more fun stuff.

Now some painting stuff. Look for a new WoC build for the post later on this week. It is a Chosen build mixed with a bit of magic and lots of fighty stuff. It should be fun, but not really competitive. Right up my alley since I obviously don't play the game of fantasy by playing an army that has to fear leadership tests. Woot.



2 comments:

Stelek said...

Why Canis in the first list? You have FA slots, and only 1 Fenris unit taken. I'm confused!

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

He is cheaper then a normal Wolf lord with 2 Wolf Claws on a Thunder Wolf - the amount of crap he has on him for 185 is nuts so there is no reason why you shouldn't just take his as an assault help etc.

Makes it a shame really as you can't make another Lord Character with 2 Wolf Claws as cheap as Canis with all the options. If you want to go a Saga of the Warrior one, then you have to pay a shit load more points etc.

The more I play with Space Wolves the more I am noticing just having more guys on the table seems to do wonders. The initial hit and rush of the Cav takes out a nice chunk, then you can mop up with your regular guys that score and do pretty well in shooting and assault.

If I could put in more wolves I would too - I think they are good at their price point. I just like the Stupid Iron Priest though - even though he has died like a bitch rolling that damned 1 for his Armor Save. Runic armor, fuck I got rollin 1 armor hahaha.