Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hi there, hope people enjoyed the painting how too.

Hope to get another one done for my pink Slannesh Chaos marines. Beyond that, I have to finish the ork bike army so I can play it and test it out. I don't think it will be all that good, but damn it will be a lot of fun. And I am sure I will have those games where I seem to make all my cover saves/feel no pain and just go assaultin through everything in my way. It will be funs haha. Things left to do for it... 1 biker for the red squad, 1 Warboss (Gonna make a mechanical squig for it, might end up doing something with a sentinel... hrm... for a super fast walker thingie...) and 8 more bikers for the blue squad. Fun stuff. I will post an update for the list later on this week.

Beyond that, I bought the 40k daemon spearhead. The Soul Grinder is rad, and most likely it will be end up being the second defiler. The army list I want to play for daemons follows.

HQ: Skulltaker, Juggernaut (I got the 1 soul grinder and skulltaker, smash it up bammo)
Pts: 175
HQ: The Masque
Pts: 100
HQ: Herald of Slaanesh, Pavanne of Slaanesh, Unholy Might, Soporific Musk
Pts: 95
Elites: (3) Flamers of Tzeentch, 1 Bolt of Tzeentch
Pts: 135 X 3 = 405
Troops: (20) Daemonettes, Icon of Chaos, Instrument of Chaos
Pts: 310 X 2 = 620
Fast Attack: (5) Flesh Hounds of Khorne, Karanak
Pts: 110
Heavy: Daemon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery, Breath of Chaos, Daemonic Gaze
Pts: 165 x 3 = 495
2000 Pts

How would I split this?
Main list:
The Masque, 1 Daemonettes, 1 Flamers, Flesh Hounds, 2 Daemon Princes
Reserve
Skulltaker, Herald of Slannesh, 1 Daemonettes, 2 Flamers, 1 Daemon Prince

This way it would split and both would work out right and both would play fairly similar. The thoughts would be the flamers pouring down fire and if they get close, flame the shit out of stuff. Daemon princes are moving dakka with a gross flame attack that can target another unit. With a 4+ inv, they have a good chance to survive just about anything and be something that should have a ton of fire poured into it. Daemonettes will hopefully get left alone and the Pavannes going off should have my opponent reeling as I move stuff around. Will see.

What do I need to buy with this list? 3 more boxes of Daemonettes, find a way to make a cool Herald, and build one more Daemon prince. I like this one thread of Dakka that has a Daemon prince getting made out of a sentinel, so I might take that idea and put my own twist on it. Hopefully this army will be fun. Either way, it will let me get some daemons to mess around with my normal chaos stuff.

Rework of Chaos fist coming later on this week. Also with more art. Fun times.

No comments: