Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Today we are blogging about Lash

First things first, here are some pics of some of my Chaos army.  I have more painted up, but as you can see, I am obviously Slaneesh. Add in some Termies, some more chosen and lots more Havoks. I also have a defiler and a 10 man squad of Raptors too.



But yeah, so I play Chaos and I play Lash. I know a lot of people think Lash is pretty broken, but let me tell you, it's not. It is definitely good, but it is not format warping. The biggest issue with it, is that the power is extremely flexible. You can use it to create favorable assaults (pulling Tau suits closer so they can get to know the sweet taste of a power fist), you can drag people into range for some shooting fun, or you can just make sure those damned Genestealers are not all over your ass.

Its flexibility is what makes it so good. Also adding in the chance to pin a unit and you got something golden. But that still doesn't make it broken. You can always roll crappy and have them move 2 inches. That is why in every one of my lists, if I am planning on using Lash effectively, I always have 2 units with it. It is the only way I can guarantee that Lash should be useful. I don't know how many games I played when the codex first came out and I just had one sorceror to move a squad. The squad moved 2 inches and my poor chosen were left with their pants down thinking, "BALLS!". That is why I always try to run 2 sorcerors or Demon Princes with Lash. I am moving more towards 2 princes, due to the ability to have them both be scoring Units and the fact they are able to be more combat oriented with the higher strength and WS.

Here is a list I will be testing out in the coming weeks.

HQ: Demon prince, Mark of Slaneesh, Lash of Submission Wings
PTS: 155 X 2 = 310
TROOPS: Noise Marines (9), Sonic Blasters (7), Master Blaster, Asp Champ, Pwr Fist
PTS: 295 x 2 = 590
ELITES: Chosen (8), Meltagun (2), Power Fist (3), Asp champ, Icon of Khorne
PTS: 279 X 2 = 558
HEAVY: Havok (8), Lascannon (4), Icon of Chaos Undivided
PTS: 270 X 2 = 540
PTS 1998

Thoughts, I increased the size of squads to help compensate for massed fire from Nids and other template weapons etc. I wanted to be able to take a few rounds of shooting before having to worry about losing the important guns. The Noise Marines take the roll of killing the horde armies with tons of fire etc, with hidden power fists to help smash in combat. I was tempted to change them to a pair of Lit Claws, and I still might due to the fact that Noise Marines have an init of 5 and the ability to reroll a wound gets the amount of wounds capable to something closer to a power fist. Will be experimenting with those. But enough of that, the amount of Lascannons should mean I can take down any type of vehicle or hopefully a big bug a turn, adding in the chosen getting shots off with Meltaguns and power fists to also hurt big bugs and any vehicle they can get their meatie fist on.

But how I would play this, usually a meatie center with noise marines covering any issues with hordes advancing. The two princes pop out and hopefully Lash anything available to either the chosen or themselves. Gum them up enough in combat, hopefully lash them in a way that you can't kill the entire squad, so you can kill them during your opponents turn and have a massacre roll to move off towards them and cause even more mischief. If the army is in vehicles, hopefully the lascannons will pop any sucka mcs out and you can have your fun moving them around the table as they are entangled.

Thoughts on issues, Lots of models, but not as many scoring units as I would like. The bigger squads means that your units should be able to survive, but without some really fast scoring units, I might get boned out of some objectives and lose an otherwise winning game. I have raptors, and can always move some of the squads to lower numbers to add in a raptor squad. I've normally had a raptor squad and they usually eat it during a game. Most likely that was due to running sorcerors and wanting the Raptor squads be floating meat shields for them. But will see, this is just more testing for the up coming Jan tournaments.

But yeah, my thoughts on Lash and Chaos armies. Another Austin player, Robert, plays a Lash, Thousand Son army that is pretty gross. I think Big Bugs would probably hurt them, but hell Big Bugs hurts everyone right.

Oh another stupid Chaos list I want to test for fun. If it works out ok and is enjoyable, I might have to build the stupid thing.

HQ: Demon prince, Mark of Slaneesh, Lash of Submission, Wings
PTS: 155 X 2 = 310
ELITES: Terminators (3), Power fist, Chain fist, Icon Chaos U, Land Raider, Dem Possession
PTS: 365 X 2 = 730
HEAVY: Land Raider, Dem Possession
PTS: 240 x 3 = 480
TROOPS: Khorne Bezerkers (10), Skull Champ, Power Weapon
PTS: 240 X 2 = 480
TOTAL: 2000

Dumb eh? But probably a lot of fun, and what your turns will take like 5 minutes hahaha. I want to test it. I would need 4 more Land Raiders and some Khorne Bezerkers. But damn, it would be fun to see running over the board hahaha. I will see if I can test it this week, just for fun. Anyone interested in playing?

14 comments:

Bushido Red Panda said...

I might be able to play some time this week. Aims and I are leaving Friday morning, but any other time is good for a quick game at NP some night. How about tomorrow?

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Tomorrow might be good. BFG? Or where? If I can find the Land Raiders I can test that out haha. I just need to paint one more Demon Prince (halfway put together etc). Would love to test that Land Raider list at sometime.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Oh cool it is you Jay, sweet so Ninja Pirate?

Bushido Red Panda said...

Yep.

I have plenty of land raiders I can lend you. You said you have 1? I can let you use two.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Sweet, I will just have to find 2 more haha. I can always say other things are different things, if not I will just run my first list, with one change etc. Either way we can get a game.

So Wednesday at Ninja Pirate? What time? I get out of work at 5 so I can easily make it up there around 6ish. Is later better?

Bushido Red Panda said...

My bad, I was thinking you were looking for 3. I can lend you 4, but one is a terminus. It will have to stand in for a normal one.

Bushido Red Panda said...

I get out at around 3:30 so any time is fine really, earlier is better.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Sweet, well I will plan on going up there as soon as I get off of work. So... 5:45 at the latest me thinks. And yeah, if you can bring 4, super awesome. i will be using chaos guys as berzerkers. I have enough models to make them, just have not made them first. If this is fun, I will make it for sure hahah.

Bushido Red Panda said...

Heya Thomas.

I have one of your Chaos guys that was left at NP.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Damn, what type of Chaos guy, what does he look like? Probably one of the black ones. When are you going to be by NP?

Bushido Red Panda said...

Yeah, he's gray/black.

I wont be back to NP until the 30th for the apocalypse battle.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Hrm, you going to be by anywhere else? It isn't a major piece obviously :). But yeah I can get it from you whenever. I see you captured a Chaos Agent for interrogation to find out how they found that many Land Raiders.

Bushido Red Panda said...

Heh.

I can drop it off at NP if you want.

Aims and I are leaving tomorrow morning ea

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Sweet, that works for me :).